Health & Safety Hosted By IOSH East Ireland Branch
The EU-OSHA 2018-19 European Workplace Campaign " Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances". IOSH supports this campaign, as it shares common ground with IOSH’s award-winning, global "No Time to Lose" drive to tackle occupational cancer and this year IOSH are focused on asbestos.
Whether it is exposure to asbestos, paints, solvents, cleaning detergents or other substances resulting from the maintenance and/or cleaning of a facility, facility managers need to be aware of how chemicals and other potentially dangerous substances are stored, labelled, used and disposed of so as prevent harm to themselves and others.
Managing Chemicals Safely
Managing Asbestos Safely
Know your risks – PPE Selection and Dangerous Substances
Q & A
Legionella in Your Building: Awareness, Responsibilities & Compliance
Providing an awareness of legionella to organisations, landlords, designers, suppliers,manufacturers & installers of their legal responsibilities.
Key Areas addressed:
- Legionnaires’ Disease – What is it?
- How can it affect my premises / buildings?
- Achieving compliance in your organisation – are you at risk?
- Controlling the Risk – As an employer what must I do?
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding legionella and where it comes from.
- Legal requirements regarding legionella.
- Assessing the risk from legionella.
- Implementing a control regime to minimise risk.
Security Conference – Hosted By: Irish Security Industry Association (ISIA)
Fire and or Escape doors, minimum performance standards and legal obligations.
To understand the basic six door types, ensuring compliant and legal hardware specifications to ensure Fire and Escape door compliance. To explore the meanings of the ‘CPR’ Constructions Product Regulations and the supplier / specifiers obligations to supply ‘CE’ marked products, noting that ‘CE’ marking itself is flawed legislation because you MUST have the correct ‘CE’ marks as defined by the door type and all too often products are supplied and fitted because they have a ‘CE’ mark, but fitting a product with an irrelevant ‘CE’ is equally as bad as ignoring the requirement in the first place.
The Risks associated with Subcontracting Security Services
Managing Data Disarray with Cloud and Apps
- Overview of the history of Communications, Cloud Computing and Analytics, 90’s to date.
- Outline the challenges of using existing siloed data to manage risk.
- How technology can help bring data together in the Cloud.
- Using Cloud technology and Apps to manage risk.